Pages

Friday 15 July 2016

My Journey to Christchurch.

My Journey to Christchurch.


In the holidays I went to Christchurch to visit my grandparents. My family went down with me to Christchurch as well. We went on Wednesday the first week of holidays and came back next Wednesday. My uncle was also there and my aunty, my uncle took us to chipmunks with my little nephew. We went by plane and payed all our tickets on Air New Zealand. My aunty and my older sister who stays in Christchurch and took us to our papa’s house.


We brung fish for our family but I didn’t eat it because I’m not a big fan of fish. We live in the canterbury area where the main church that was taken down by the earthquake. My family was in the big 2011 earthquake when our chimney broke down. We had a big lunch when we got home and played on the my uncles ps4 which was fun. We had played cod and other games and went on the trampoline.


On saturday we had to perform this really massive siva, which was great. It was so special because it was my papa’s church 50th anniversary. Me and my uncle had to go shirtless and dance in our lavalava. We had a really massive lunch like chop suey, taro, chicken, sweet and sour, kfc chicken and more.

I really enjoyed going to Christchurch because my nana is doing really well because she has diabetes and my papa’s doing really well as well. He is keeping his fit under control going for a jog every morning. My uncle is doing well working for the EQC and the State and he is the one who pays his bills on time and pays for the power. I would really love to go and stay in Christchurch because I was born there playing NRL for my club winning every game.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Owen,

    It sounds like you had a great time in Christchurch with your whanau. That's wonderful. I was really interested to read that you have to perform a massive siva and dance in your lavalava. That must have been pretty amazing! I am sure that everyone really enjoyed your performance.

    I am really sorry to read that you and your family were part of the 2011 earthquake in Christchurch. That must have been pretty scary. Did you and your family move up to Auckland after the earthquake? If so, I hope that you are enjoying life up here on the north island. I think that we're pretty lucky to live in such a beautiful city and to have the chance to fly to visit our family on holidays!

    Keep up the great work your blogging. If you'd like to do some more blogging this holiday please join our Winter Learning Journey programme. There is still plenty of time to log onto the site, find an activity that you like, blog about it and earn points, a certificate and a badge. Please consider joining us!

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Owen

    Great blog post about your adventure to Christchurch. This a very detailed post about where you went and what happened in the tragic Earthquakes which nearly destroyed of Christchurch. Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Owen!
    Great to be reading about your trip to Christchurch.
    It sounds as if you had a really cool holidays and a great time with your family.
    I hope you had a great time and I hope to read more about your stories.

    ReplyDelete